Ornamented Roman Gothic column is the remnant of the City Lodge, free city government – the commune of Split, located at Peristyle Square, the central city square of that time.
Palace then became home to prominent noble families Grisogono and Cipiko.
One of the most famous sculptors and builders of the time George of Dalmatia also contributed to its further construction and decoration.
In the 15th century, a renowned artist Nicholas the Florentine did some work on the Palace as well and in the 18th, century the lower part of the facade was dressed in Baroque style.
All in all, Lvxor preserves all layers of the city, from the Diocletian’s Palace, through 1941 when Josip Kodl, the architect from Prague, designed its interior, until the most recent decoration of the café and Restaurant painted by the contemporary Split-born artist Petar Grimani.